I have to apologize for the lack of updates lately. This is due to moving and me just starting to work at an engineering office. The See-Threepio project is still on going, however, on a slower pace than usual. Today, I met up with a local R2-builder (who has an awesome life-sized aluminium Astromech on the assembly line. It’s gonna have CO2 extinguisher, smoke machine, workable radar (ala. ESB) and tons of awesome functions which I cannot wait to see).
Anyways, we got the eyes lit up. And GOODNESS GRACIOUS me, what a difference! Before, C-3PO was merely a lifeless golden statue, now with the lights on, it’s like he got a soul..he has finally become a golden boy!
Anyways, here’s a list of the remaining things to do before I can declare this costume to be fully wearable in it’s most basic stage. (It’s basically for myself to get an overview over remaining stuff to do):
- Buy bungee chords for keeping shins and thighs together.
- Find a clever way to fasten the bungee chords.
- Buy screws and nuts in US sizes.
- Add nuts on the arms to connect upper and lower arms.
- Paint the resin arm pistons (will be using the resin version as a temporary solution).
- Permanently attach the eyes.
- Fix the bungee chord solution for the shoulder bells.
- Fasten the hinges on the right leg.
- Assemble the hands and fingers, attach the hand brass greeblies.
- Padding for the helmet.
- Finish the belly section (sew on a zipper, glue on silverish detailing things, attach the cables. Paint extra cabel details).
- Add padding on places which are expected to be exposed to lots of friction and wear.
- Make the shoe shells wearable.
- ++ when will this end..?