Armed with Pistons.

Today, I finally got to work on the arms. Due to the massive weight of the brass pistons, I’ve chosen to use the resin pistons instead. These came with the kit, and are lightweight, pretty sturdy and fit perfectly onto the arms. I have painted these with a high-quality gold “chrome” spray, giving it a slight brass-like tint.
The pistons are attached to the arm brackets using steel “pins” which are easily made with the same rivets I used for the “pins” for keeping the two shin-parts together. These worked perfect, although I still have to bend and cut them to make them less visible.

The pistons are fully functional!

Stay tuned for future updates. I’ll be working on arm greeblies and hands!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s